Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe it's 2010. Isn't that the title of a science fiction novel? Let's hope it doesn't turn into a horror show.

I spent a quiet evening at home stitching on a new project: "A Lady's Alphabet" by Pat Rogers. Several years ago I bought the pattern - already kitted up with fabric and floss - at the estate sale of a lady from Knoxville. The design is copyright 1992, not current but not old enough to be called retro or vintage, either. It was just something in my stash and I needed a new project.

Many years ago, I made a resolution to not make resolutions and it's the only one I ever kept. So, no resolutions to not buy stash or only to stitch from my stash - that's unrealistic for me - but I will make an effort to cut down on purchasing new projects and work the ones I already have.

So, enjoy a nap, a football game or stitching time. Happy new year to all!

2 comments:

Branlaadee said...

I am not big on the resolutions either! I do goals though. I seem to be goal orientated.

I cant wait to see you Lady's Alphabet.

Ziggyeor said...

cool alphabet! I've got a stitch project that I bought while I was in FL to work on. However did look at the Hoffman site and some new things are very tempting!